Whilst the information contained on this site has been given in good faith and every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, Holiday Cottage Media Ltd trading as HolidayCottage.com (hereinafter referred to as HC.COM) cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, mis-interpretation and any and all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the information contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in the event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency of the information should be sought from the establishments or holiday accommodation owners concerned.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by HC.COM. You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following bases:
a. Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for your personal use only and is solely for the purpose of obtaining holiday information;
b(i). No individual, company, or other organisation may copy information from this website for the purpose of creating a mailing list. This constitutes theft of other people’s work and the unauthorised use of such information is illegal. There are fees attached to the use of mailing lists supplied by third parties, whether this is with or without their consent. Persons making use of names and addresses from this web site without our prior written consent will become liable for the appropriate fee which is payable within seven days of receipt of our invoice. Note that the content of this website is seeded;
b(ii). No individual, company, or other organisation may copy images, graphics or information from this website for use in creating a web page. This constitutes theft of other people’s work and anyone making unauthorised use of such copyright material is breaking the law. Persons making use of material from this web site without our prior written consent will become liable for a fee for unauthorised use of copyright material, the fee being payable within seven days of receipt of our invoice. Note that images in this website carry an invisible digital watermark which identify them as having originated from this website;
c. no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
d. graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text;
e. no part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other Website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission from HC.COM;
any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
1. Access to and use of this site is provided by HC.COM subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you first use this site. HC.COM reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Whilst HC.COM endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, HC.COM will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily without notice.
5. Whilst HC.COM endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and HC.COM does not accept any liability for error or omission.
6. Part of this site contains materials submitted to HC.COM by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. HC.COM cannot be held responsible in the case of copyright material having been placed by an advertiser. Any claims for copyright infringement must be submitted to the owner of the property who is responsible for the advert. HC.COM can not guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
7. HC.COM shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
8. HC.COM accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an “as is” basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
9. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. By accessing any part of this site, you should be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full.
11. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
HC.COM has partnered with many cottage agents which are companies that each represent a portfolio of cottages. HC.COM define these as sub processors. Enquiries to HC.COM are passed to our sub processors and these companies are:
Terms for any holidaymaker using this website who is not using it in his/her/its capacity as a property owner or property manager. Holidaymakers include people who use the site to access information about, or to rent, properties. By using or accessing this site, you agree to these terms and conditions.
This site is a place where Holidaymakers can view advertising of, and obtain information about, properties offered for rental by Owners, and communicate with them. HC.COM is not, and does not become, party to any contractual relationship between the Holidaymaker and the Owner, and does not mediate between the Holidaymaker and the Owner in the event of any dispute arising between them. The site is a venue for Owners and Holidaymakers to interact.
Property Listings and Interaction with Owners: Owners are entirely responsible for all of the information, including images, text and other content, relating to the Properties they offer, for updating them and ensuring the information is correct. If Holidaymakers find a Property in which they are interested, they can send an information request to the Owner. The Owner may then communicate with the Holidaymaker in connection with the inquiry. HC.COM has no responsibility for, or involvement in, the communication between the Owner and Holidaymaker.
Rights and obligations of HC.COM: HC.COM shall use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that depictions on the site of the photos of the Properties that Owners have submitted to HC.COM are as true and accurate a representation of those photos as practicable. Holidaymakers also acknowledge that Owners – and not HC.COM – are responsible for the accuracy with which the photos depict the relevant Property. Each Holidaymaker acknowledges that HC.COM is not responsible for checking the identity, or for the behaviour, of Owners or for establishing the nature, condition or existence of a Property.
In no event will HC.COM be liable for any lost profits or any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages arising out of, based on, or resulting from the site, your use of the site and/or any transaction between users, even if HC.COM has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These limitations and exclusions apply without regard to whether the damages arise from breach of contract, negligence or any other cause of action. If you are dissatisfied with the Site, you do not agree with any part of these Holidaymaker Ts & Cs, then your sole and exclusive remedy against HC.COM is to discontinue using the site.
These Holidaymaker Ts & Cs, and the relationship between the Owner and HC.COM, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.